1. Games will be played under the North Carolina High School Federation Rules. Each game will consist of two 20-minute halves, with a 2-minute half-time. Teams will shoot the one-and-one foul shot on the seventh team foul. All games will be governed by a running clock. The clock will stop on all time-outs and in the last minute of the 2nd half and OT. All overtime periods will be 3-minutes in length. Each team will have two full & two 20-second timeouts per game (a player/head coach may now orally or visually request a timeout). One additional full timeout will be received per overtime period. Any unused timeouts will NOT carry over to overtime.
2. If a team is up by 15 points or more, the clock will run in the last minute of the game.
3. At game time, if four or more players are present from each team, the game will start.
All teams shall be of uniform dress consisting of same or similar color jerseys.JerseysMUST have a number on their jersey (numbers written pinned-on are not allowed). Players may use any 1 or 2-digit combination desired.
Rosters & Players
1. All line-ups shall be first and last name only (No Nicknames). A name cannot be entered into scorebook unless the player is present at game time. Each manager should give the Official Scorer a written list of players and their numbers ten minutes before game time. Captains are to make sure you check the scorebook before each game to verify all your players are listed for the game.
2. A late player must arrive in the gym and report to the scorer’s table before the 10:00 mark of the first half to be eligible for that game. Players added to the scorebook after the game has begun will be assessed a two-shot technical foul, for each late player.
3. When a player incurs a wound that causes bleeding, the official must stop the game at the earliest possible time and instruct the player to leave the game for treatment by staff personnel. A player with blood on his/her uniform also must leave the game to have the uniform evaluated by staff personnel. If the staff rules that the blood has saturated the uniform, that affected part of the uniform must be removed before player can return to the game. That player becomes a substitute and can’t re-enter the game until time has come off the clock.
Free Throws and Fouls
1. On the 7th team foul in a half, the opponent will enter the bonus. On the 10th foul, teams will enter the double bonus.
2. Players must wait until the ball hits rim to enter the lane or inside the 3-pt arch if outside of it.
3. A player is disqualified after 5 fouls or 2 technical fouls. 2 technical fouls in one game = ejection plus a 1-week suspension from all league play.
During multiple free throws and personal fouls, substitutions may be made only before the final attempt in the sequence and/or after the final attempt has been converted.
Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated! Players, managers/coaches, and other team-affiliated persons must not attack or make physical contact of any aggressive nature with any other players, managers, coaches, or officials. (Anyone ejected from the game for physical contact will receive a one week to one month suspension from all league play).
Additional rules and policies may be added or amended by SportsLink before or during the season.