Want to join a SportsLink league, but don’t have enough players for a team?
New to Charlotte and want to play in a league and meet new people that also love sports and socializing?
You’ve come to the right place! Since our inception, SportsLink has been the place where fun, active individuals come to compete, make new friends, and have a good time! We offer a range of activities for groups but also individuals to participate.
If you’re looking to sign up as an individual (not joining with a full roster), click one of the links below. This will take you to an Eventbrite page where you can pay for an individual registration and get placed on one of our house teams.
Who is an Individual Registrant?
An individual registrant is someone who is ready to play one of our awesome sports and wants to sign up themselves or with a friend because you may not have a full team to register themselves.
What is a House Team?
The SportsLink staff spends quite a bit of time on the creation of House teams, which we build from individual registrants. Once a team is formed this becomes YOUR team!
How does someone register as an individual player?
- Find the sport you are wanting to register listed below.
- Click on the sport by hovering over the sport’s name. Upon pressing the sport you would like to register for you will be redirected to Eventbrite. From here you will be able to make your payment and fill out the designated form for your specific sport to be placed on a House team.
- After filling out the designated form and making your payment you will be contacted once the SportsLink staff are able to form a team for your specific sport. If a team is not able to be formed within 2 seasons of your payment you will be contacted about being issued a refund or staying listed as paid until we are able to form a team.
- The designated form will prompt you to fill in which nights of the week you prefer to play; if you want to play Men’s, Women’s or Coed (based on what is offered for each sport); your t-shirt size; and general contact information.
How does a Player’s Card work for individual players?
- If a player has an active SportsLink Players Card we will add 90 days to the expiration date on your active Player’s Card.
- If a player does not have an active SportsLink Players Card we will issue an Individual Player’s Card that will expire after 90 days of the season start (this is the typical length of a season give or take a week). Once this Player’s Card expires players will also be able to renew on their own through their DASH account in order to play on any other team with SportsLink that may not necessarily be a House team.
Important Things To Know
- Communication with your teammates is key. Once placed on a team, be sure to let your teammates know if you cannot make a game in case they need to find a sub or we need to help with subs. Players can communicate through their DASH accounts with other teammates but we highly recommend exchanging phone numbers and creating a group text message between teammates.
- Team shirts are provided for SportsLink players that are placed on a House team.
- Please always communicate with our staff to let us know about your experience or if there are ever any issues.
Questions? Email [email protected]